Applicant Resources >
Firm Interview Questions
Below is a list of interview questions used by CPA professionals in some of the most dynamic independent CPA firms in the nation. You have done a lot of hard work to get to the interview, make sure that you do not stumble now. Be prepared! It is best to practice answering these questions as well as similar questions. Set up mock interviews with friends or counselors. Being prepared could mean the difference between getting and not getting the job.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What interested you in choosing accounting as your profession?
- Tell me about your past experience.
- Why do you want to be an auditor (tax acct, etc)
- What started you thinking about accounting as a profession?
- Why did you choose the school that you are attending?
- Discuss your college program and the courses taken.
- What types of training do you have?
- Where do you see yourself professionally five years from now?
- What are your long-term goals?
- What are your career objectives?
- Why did you select those objectives?
- What do you feel are your strongest assets and how would they benefit our firm?
- What interested you most about our position?
- Describe your personality.
- Tell me one word that best describes you and why.
- Use ten adjectives to describe yourself.
- Tell me what your previous employer/professor would say about you?
- What are your strengths/weaknesses?
- What are your starting salary requirements?
- What is your GPA?
- What type of experience do you have working with computers?
- What is your sales background, if any?
- Where have you worked? When? What did you do? Why did you leave?
- What extra curricular activities have you been involved in?
- Do you have a list of references?
- What interests do you have outside of school/work?
- When will you be available to start?
- What, if any, relocation assistance do you require?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What do you expect from an employer?
- What is the ideal career?
- What is your ideal working environment?
- What do you hope to accomplish in the first 90 days of your employment with our firm?
- What are you goals while at this firm? How does this fit into your long-term goals?
- How do you want to grow within the firm and its areas of interest?
- What are you looking for in terms of advancement?
- What are you most proud of at this point? Why?
- Describe a difficult situation that you have found yourself in and explain how you handled it.
- Tell me what you enjoyed most about your work experience at your previous company.
- What other opportunities are you pursuing?
Survey Results Compiled by: Shannon Broderick
Public Relations Associate, CPAmerica International, Inc.
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
© CPAmerica International
Applicant Section >
My Office |
Search Jobs |